AP Invoice Processing
How much of your busy workday is consumed by tasks that someone else could perform?
AMI’s BPO solution will streamline your accounts payable process by scanning incoming vendor invoices. Invoice data is captured using Intelligent Data Capture from these images which eliminates manual entry and human error. Whether invoices are received via mail, email or fax, each invoice is digitized, indexed and stored. Output is then directed to your ECM and ERP systems.
Our Mailbox/ Lockbox Pick-Up and Scanning service is one of the unique time and cost saving services that AMI offers to our clients. The following are some benefits of a mailbox/lockbox scanning system:
- Eliminates the need for expensive hardware and software
- Scanning and indexing done by professional document management experts
- Adjusts quickly to peaks and valleys
- No need to manage a scanning and indexing staff
- Improves Document Control – All documents go to a central processing center
- 3-way matching
- Access to advanced technology
- Rapid response to changes
- Reduce operating costs
- AMI completes a Discovery process to determine the scope of work and project details.
- A Mailbox/Lockbox is set up for your account at a Post Office
- Your clients are notified to send invoices to the new Mail Box/Lock Box address
- An email address is set up on our servers to accept your incoming invoices
- An email is sent to all vendors explaining the process for submitting invoices
- AMI handles daily mail and processes the incoming items to your specifications
- This process includes preparation of documents, scanning, indexing and QC of the incoming items and uploading the items to an agreed upon location (content management software, ERP etc.)
Standard Index Fields May Include:
- Vendor Name
- Vendor Number
- Invoice Date
- Invoice Number
- Purchase Order Number
- Document Type
- Location Code
- Processing Date
- Document Source (Lock Box or email)
- An “In Process” Status Field
- AMI uses PSIGEN, PSICapture technology in our conversion services department. PSIGEN manages scanned documents, emailed, faxed or imported electronically. PSIGEN classifies documents by company and document type eliminating the need to sort documents before scanning. Once these documents are classified PSIGEN extracts the pertinent data from the documents and moves them to the next step in the process. Using PSIGEN, AMI can maintain a high level of accuracy and production resulting in lower costs to our clients.
- Customer documents retained on-site for approximately 90 days. After that documents can be destroyed or sent back to the customer for disposition.